Organization: John Houston Homes
Position Summary: The objective of this position is to support the overall strategy of John Houston Custom Homes and to provide exposure and experience for the intern's degree field of study. This will be accomplished by assisting the project director in managing projects and ensuring successful on-time delivery.
Reports to: Project Management Director
Scholarship Opportunity: $1,000 per semester
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Current student at Southeastern University (SEU) or Southwestern A/G University (SAGU)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to train others
- Knowledge of computers and media-related technology (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Attend all JHCH-All Staff Meetings
- Attend company outings and events
- Assists in determining scopes of work, developing process workflows, timelines, organizing team members, supervising, tracking and measuring outcomes.
- Assists in creating and maintaining department and JH wide document project files.
- Assists in preparing project schedules outlining action tasks, key metrics, milestones and timeline for completion to increase workflow efficiencies.
- Assists in ensuring project outcomes support quality, speed, profitability, and culture of JHCH.
- Assists with project scope, goals, KPI's, budgets, timing and deliverables.
- Assists in reviewing project proposals to determine best practice measures for company needs.
- Provides support for project, steering committee and/or leadership meetings by scheduling, documenting minutes, documenting action items, KPI performance and project outcomes.
- Track, analyze and provide reporting trends and milestone updates to project managers.